LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on new DAQ system

Hello ppl,

I am a research student and I want to setup a High speed ADC and DAQ module to collect sampled data and process the obtained signals. Can you suggest me some Companies that can be controlled using LABVIEW.

I already have Linear Technology LTC2517 - CUP14( High speed ADC, 14 bit , 250msps ) and attached to dta collection board DC1371A. How ever after asking the Linear Tech officials thy said thy wont have any drivers so that I can communicate using LABVIEW.

I am using LABVIEW to do all my research stuffs, like collect data, process it , display image etc.

Please suggest some DAQ modules I can buy so that I can integrate it with LABVIEW.

Abhilash Sukumari,

LabView-11

Abhilash S Nair

Research Assistant @ Photonic Devices and Systems lab

[ LabView professional Development System - Version 11.0 - 32-bit ]

LabView Gear:
1. NI PXI-7951R & NI 5761
2. The Imaging Source USB 3.0 monochrome camera with trigger : DMK 23UM021

OPERATING SYSTEM - [ MS windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP-1 ]
CPU - [Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40Ghz ]
MEMORY - [ 16.0 GB RAM ]
GPU - [ NVIDIA GeForce GT 530 ]
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,130 Views)

Hello Abhilash,

I did check ni.com/idnet to see if we had drivers for those specific pieces of hardware.  It does not appear that we do not.  However, it should not be a problem to pull the data in to LabVIEW using some of our Data Acquisition hardware.

Before I start rattling off part numbers:  tell me a little more about your setup.

What kind of data are you looking to capture (Max/Min range, frequency range, desired resolution, required absolute accuracy)?
Do you have a cDAQ chassis already on hand?  Many academic institutions do.

Do you prefer any specific form factors (PCI,PCIe,PXI,cDAQ module,SCXI)?

How many simultaneous connections will you need?

Best regards.

Matthew H.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,109 Views)