LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error from DAQ,

Hello all,

I am using labview for controlling the temperature and load cells of a tensile testing furnace. NI MAX software recognizes two devices:

---Dev 1: NI PCI 6220, for temperature control,

---PCI 7330 : for load cell control  (I believe!)

When I run the code, the following error shows up:

Error -200220 occurred at DAQmx Create Channel (AI-Voltage-Custom with Excitation).vi:390002\

Possible reason(s):

Device identifier is invalid.

Device Specified: SCC1Mod1
Suggested Device(s): Dev1

Task Name: _unnamedTask<2>

It seems that the computer does not recognize the ports on NI data acquisition device.

I tried to fix it in NI MAX software, but I am not sure on which section should I focus?

Has anyone encountered a similar problem?

Best regards, 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(3,362 Views)

Check how things are set up in MAX.  I have a machine that uses the SCC modules.  The module carrier shows up as another item within MAX.  Does it for you?  I don't remember exactly how it got that way because it was years ago.  I probably had to add it and the individual modules manually.

Now in it, I wound up giving each module a memorable name.  (such as "LoadCell" for an SG24 module).  Then I created a task on Data Neighbor hood with a meaningful name such as "30K Load Cell" and it calls LoadCell/ai0.  Also the properties of the carrier module defined which module was in each slot, and which installed PCI device is cabled to.  That allowed me to just call a task by name in my LabVIEW code.  If any configuration ever changed, I would just modify the setup in MAX.

I hope this information helps.  With the SC modules, it seems like the setup is scattered around a few different places in the MAX tree, so I'm suspecting that your error results from one of those setup steps not being done.

I'll attach a screenshot from MAX that shows that to some extent.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(3,366 Views)

@14nnb1 wrote:

That problem is solved. 

He was right. I should have installed new DAQmx for my labview 2015SP1.

Do you have any suggestions for my new problem, which I mentioned in the reply?

Bests,

Well, the PCI 7330 is a motion controller. that might explain why NI DAQmx does not recognize it.  What version of NI Motion did you install?  And how do you expect it to excite a load cell?

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(3,357 Views)

Thank you very much.

The problem is exactly what you pointed to. 

I need to define proper values and devices in each blank. 

But I do not know how should I extract the proper data?

For example, I do not know how should I fill J20, J19, ..., blanks.

Am I supposed to use any manual for that? I mean my load controller or temperature controller's manual?

For example, in the J5 blank, how did you know that you should fill it with SCC-SG04?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(3,347 Views)

The latest one on NI website. 

I am sorry, would you please explain more about what do you mean by "how do you expect it to excite the load cell?"

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(3,344 Views)

You have to know which modules you installed in which slots.  Take the cover off.

It sounds like you don't have a clear picture as to how the system is wired up and what DAQ hardware is doing what.  You need to get a handle on that first.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(3,337 Views)

I have attached two pictures of what is shown on my NI MAX software,

How should I go to the similar page that you attached?

I cannot find the section that I am supposed to fill its blanks, 

Bests,

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(3,334 Views)

It looks like need to go through the chassis with the question mark on it and configure that.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(3,331 Views)

No. NI-DAQmx is a driver for data acquisition devices.  the 7330 is a motion controller and uses NI-Motion to work with it.  The 7330 is NOT suitable for Load Cell excitation.  

NI-Motion is needed to work with a 7330.

EDIT: just saw your screenshots.  NI Motion 8.1 is too old update to NI-Motion 16.0

It still is a motion controller

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(3,328 Views)

This system was installed by a previous student who has left our group and I do not have access to him.

This is why I am confused. I do not know where to start from.

Would you please help me how should I find out which modules are installed in which slots? Or if you think its a long procedure that cannot be processed here, would you please give me some clues that from where should I start and how to proceed?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(3,327 Views)