LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

An error occurred while installing xxx. Do you want to continue installing the remaining products?

Solved!
Go to solution

When I try to install the full developer suite (Win 7 x64) I get the error mentioned in the title. Labview itself seems to install and run, many additional modules like MathScript RT do fail. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling .net framework 4.0, running setup as administrator, even disabling antivirus and every additional process. I checked the dot net registry key (install value), everything seems to be fine.

On a different freshly installed windows 7 pc the setup didnt throw a single error although I did the same. 

What can I do to fix this error? Unfortunately the system isnt mine so I dont know what was done before I got it...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,155 Views)

I'm getting this as well installing LV 2012 software for FRC.

9-4-2013 8-56-07 PM.png

--
Peter Rifken - Field Engineer & Business Manager
Boston / North New England & Maine
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,127 Views)
  • Problem: When I launch SETUP.EXE from the ASLQ309CONTROL folder and successfully navigate through all of the screens (including selecting all software to be installed), and click the final Next button to begin the installation, I see the following error in a pop up window.
    Window Title: Academic Site License Fall 2009 Control and Embedded Systems
    Window Content: An error occurred while installing LabVIEW 2009 FPGA Module.
    Do you want to continue installing the remaining products? Yes/No
    When I click No, I see the following pop-up window.
    Window Title: Academic Site License Fall 2009 Control and Embedded Systems
    Window Content: Product Information
    Please read the following information about the products you have installed.
    LabVIEW 2009 FPGA Module
    NI LabVIEW 2009 FPGA Module
    NI LabVIEW 2009 32-Bit Full/Professional must beinstalled before you can install NI LabVIEW 2009 FPGA Module.

Solution: This is a known problem. You must begin installing NI LabVIEW by running SETUP.EXE from the ASLQ309CORE1 folder.
    To exit from the current installation attempt, click Next, then Finish.

Source:

http://engineering.vanderbilt.edu/transit/support/HelpfulHints.php

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,103 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

I already found this, it doesnt help. I still get this error when Labview is already installed. Besides the setup worked fine using other pcs so I suppose thats not the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,098 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author 1hdsquad

Apparently there was no solution to this problem but to reinstall windows. After that everything worked as usual.

Message 5 of 7
(4,071 Views)

Hm, do you have documentation to support this? I'm not convinced it's a universal solution. 

I'm trying to install software on a computer that recently had Windows 7 re-installed (but an external hard drive was not re-imaged with the installation). I'm wondering if the problem has anything to do with corruption in the windows registry. 

Were you installing SW on a hard drive with any partitions? 

--
Peter Rifken - Field Engineer & Business Manager
Boston / North New England & Maine
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,059 Views)

The hard drive was partitioned exactly the same in both trials (1 recovery, 1 system, 2 data partitions). Only the system partition was formatted during the reinstallation of windows.

Does that answer your question?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,053 Views)