LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analogue signal Generation using FPGA

Hello all,

I am trying to do signal generation (Sin Wave). My board is USB 7856 EOM.

I am attaching a screenshot of my signal as shown in the oscilloscope, I cannot figure out why it is so distorted, is there an issue with the Loop timing or update rate?

The graph looks OK when I simulate it but the analog signal display on my oscilloscope is seen in the attached image and there is some error. 
PS I did this based on the "data processing" example found in the LabVIEW example finder, I retained the "Number to boolean" and "boolean to number" conversion as it was in the example. Is that the issue or is there a flaw in my logic?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(172 Views)

Nothing is attached. Please attach your image and your code.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(147 Views)

Sorry about that.

I made small changes to the code, I am attaching the VI and my signal as displayed on the oscilloscope, as you can see the sin wave is not good, how do I make it better?, is making the loop faster a solution, if yes, how do I do that manually?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(138 Views)

The code looks good. What are the values of AO0 freq and Loop time?

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(132 Views)

the frequency is 100 KHz and the loop time is 40 (Ticks), 32 bit

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(129 Views)

I'm trying to change various parameters such as look-up table size as well as bit resolution to reduce the loop time and get a smoother wave, but none of them work. The time is struck at 40.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(126 Views)

Could this be an analog problem?  Are you driving a component (amp, etc.) into saturation (clipping)?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(96 Views)

I don't know. How do I check if I'm doing this?

Do I check it from the board specifications? (f yes, what exactly should I see)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(88 Views)