LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any problems using a counter in the timeout case with AMC messaging

Hello all,

I'm working with LabVIEW 2016 and I use the AMC (asynchronous messaging communication) library.

In my VI, one of the cases handles a message where I get some data and insert it into an array with a counter increment. Dataprocessor Insert into Array.PNG

In the timeout case, I check if the counter has reached the target. If it has, there's some code being executed. If it hasn't, then there's some other code being executed.  Dataprocessor Timeout False.PNG

Dataprocessor Timeout True.PNG

Now assuming the timeout of 10ms is small enough to keep up with the rate of new incoming data (e.g. 25ms), do you see a scenario where I might lose some samples, or I might miss a counter value. For example, if the counter goes from 0-24, is there any way that during one of the iterations I might skip a count and go from 1-25 instead of 0-24?

I'm just trying to see if there is some corner case I'm missing.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,173 Views)

Hello all,

I'm working with LabVIEW 2016 and I use the AMC (asynchronous messaging communication) library.

In my VI, one of the cases handles a message where I get some data and insert it into an array with a counter increment.Dataprocessor Insert into Array.PNG

In the timeout case, I check if the counter has reached the target. If it has, there's some code being executed. If it hasn't, then there's some other code being executed.
Dataprocessor Timeout False.PNG

Dataprocessor Timeout True.PNG

Now assuming the timeout of 10ms is small enough to keep up with the rate of new incoming data (e.g. 25ms), do you see a scenario where I might lose some samples, or I might miss a counter value. For example, if the counter goes from 0-24, is there any way that during one of the iterations I might skip a count and go from 1-25 instead of 0-24?

I'm just trying to see if there is some corner case I'm missing.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,169 Views)