LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know whatt happened to the DAQmx folder that used to install in the vi.lib directory when DAQmx was installed on a system%3F

Just bought a brand new PXIe system and installed NI Devloper Suite 2014 DS2. NI MAX says DAQmx is installed, but I no longer have the DAQmx folder that used to install at the following location

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\DAQmx

I try to install an older version of NI-DAQmx to create the folders I need with the driver location files, and I get the "newer version installed" warning and nothing installs??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,364 Views)

I am using LabVIEW 2014 32-bit.

The folder and its associated files are C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2014\vi.lib\DAQmx

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,343 Views)
Installing an older version is wrong. The minimum version of DAQmx for LabVIEW 2014 is 14.0.

Are you saying that the palette does not show anything?
Message 4 of 11
(3,327 Views)

My uninstall advice was a bit hasty. Ignore it for now

Maybe you were on a 32 bit system and now the PXI is a 64 bit system. Have you checked both Program Files and Program Files(x86) folders?

If you can't find it in either of those places and it's not in the palletes maybe its an installation order issue where you installed the driver first then LabVIEW. You might be able to solve that by installing the latest version of DAQmx

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-14.2/5046/en/

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,317 Views)

@Oligarlicky wrote:

Maybe you were on a 32 bit system and now the PXI is a 64 bit system. Have you checked both Program Files and Program Files(x86) folders? You should ignore my previous uninstall advice unless we're sure it's an installation issue.

You should take a look at this.  If you want to install a newer version of DAQmx, that's appropriate as well.  The DVD you're using likely had DAQmx 14.0 on it (the version that was available when LabVIEW 2014 was released and the oldest version that will work).  DAQmx 14.2 can be found here: http://www.ni.com/download/ni-daqmx-14.2/5046/en/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,309 Views)

I am now using a 64-bit system, whereas before a 32-bit system. However, I was unable to find any place where the DAQmx folder installed, not to mention that if I want to use legacy code, this will obviously cause a problem with the files that were linked to libraries on the "old" hierarchy??

Please tell me National Instruments has not overlooked this, and changed (yet again) eveything??? I'm a huge NI fan, but I gotta tell you, having to re-learn the IDE for software I've been using sincee 1997 is becoming really frustrating. Some things are better left alone.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,230 Views)

I uninstalled ALL NI's software, and re-installed, and this time everything was installed correctly??? Not sure what happened, although I have had installation issues in the past starting with NI Developer Suite 2010, where if the LabVIEW or TestStand folder already exists, then the software installation has issues, and basically everything on the machine installed under the NI installed SW folder needs to be removed, all folders deleted, shared applications removed and uninstalled, and the registry purged just in order to re-install everything correctly.

I've found it easire to reinstall the OS, and start with a pristine system is faster, but still a huge PITA. If anyone knows the reason these "botched" installs occur, please share on this thread.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,220 Views)

Like I said, it could be an install order issue. The installer makes some assumptions of what you want to install based on what you already have installed. You have to do some manual tweaking if you want to install in the "wrong" order.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,206 Views)

If your "legacy" code is using DAQmx, you shouldn't be running into issues.  If you're using NI-DAQ, you'll have to update your code.  Although, you should be fair.  NI-DAQ is pretty old.  If you've managed to go this long without modernizing your code, it might be time to do so if you want to continue to use the application.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,188 Views)