LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation

Hi Farzad,

The program doesn't work with Lake Shore 330, and my instrument is Lake shore 330.

So what is the problem? What exactly "doesn't work"?

What have you tried so far?

Did you debug the VI?

You may give me the instructions for the replacement please.

Several suggestions:

• That VI is using old GPIB functions, replace them with VISA functions.
  • That VI is missing error handling, so implement that too (after replacing GPIB functions by VISA counterparts).
  • Check the GPIB address used for the device.
  • Check the cabling.
  • Then read the (programming) manual of your device and check/probe all (!) commands send to your device. Are they supported in the same way as is done by the Lakeshore340?
  • That VI is also communicating with a "SM2602" device: do you also use this one? If not: remove the communication with that device…
  • As that VI is generally in a very bad shape it might be a good idea to create a new VI from scratch: Did you look for a device driver specifically for your device?
Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,985 Views)

Hello,

I used the link below to run a Keithley 2635B and Lake Shore 330 at the same time,

because I need "current vs. voltage at different temperatures" for a semiconductor device.

Both Keithley 2635B and Lake Shore 330 are connected to a computer through a GPIB in my lab.

https://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/170/843298/1/IV_T_2602A.vi

The link is a LabView program. The program runs the Keithley 2635B, but it can't run the

Lake Shore 330 for having different temperatures. The reason is that the program was built for Lake Shore 340 in the past. If you please watch the Block Diagram of the program in the

link above, you can see a "Lakeshore 340" at the heart of the Block Diagram.

Thus, if someone can replace it with "Lakeshore 330", then the program will work for the experiment. However, I don't know how to replace it. I put a png file here to show what should be changed at the heart of the Block Diagram as I explained.

I appreciate you.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,974 Views)

Lakeshore 340 in the middle of that just happens to be the name given to a terminal, and that is the local variable of it.  You could change the name of the control to "gobbledy-gook" and the VI would function the same.  So "replacing" it with "Lakeshore 330" vs. "Lakeshore 340".

Follow the advice given to you for cleaning up this VI, or the better advice of starting over from scratch.  If that is beyond your level of LabVIEW experience, you may want to look at hiring a LabVIEW consultant to do it for you.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,972 Views)

Hello,

I did a real test in the lab. I used the link below to run a Keithley 2635B and Lake Shore 330 at the same time in the lab, because I need "current vs. voltage at different temperatures" for a semiconductor device. Both Keithley 2635B and Lake Shore 330 are connected to a computer through a GPIB in my lab.

https://forums.ni.com/ni/attachments/ni/170/843298/1/IV_T_2602A.vi

The link is a LabView program. The program runs the Keithley 2635B, but it can't run the

Lake Shore 330 for having different temperatures. The reason is that the program was built for Lake Shore 340 in the past. If you please watch the Block Diagram of the program in the

link above, you can see a "Lakeshore 340" at the heart of the Block Diagram.

Thus, if someone can replace it with "Lakeshore 330", then the program will work for the experiment. However, I don't know how to replace it. I put a png file here to show what should be changed at the heart of the Block Diagram as I explained. Please Help me.

I appreciate you.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(1,971 Views)

Instead of continuing here in this old and long thread.  Stick with the newer thread that you created here.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Automation/m-p/3839559#M1086462

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(1,968 Views)