LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better way to communicte with TwinCAT

Hi to everyone,

i have to control a servovalve (MOOG) in etherCAT using TwinCAT and LabView. So i have to set ControlWord and Pressure Setpont from LabView to TwinCAT.

Can you say me what is the better way to make this? ActiveX or DLL. And are there other examples in add to bechoff site examples? Or documentations

Thank you very much in advances

Mauro Rivosecchi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,308 Views)

I'm not sure you can say that either ActiveX or DLLs are better than the other. Personally I prefer to work with ActiveX because the APIs tend to be better. But at the end of the day, you use what you get from the vendor.

In terms of code samples, there is a level of personal preference here as well. When working with something new, I like to see examples written in VB because I find it easy to read and grasp what it is that code is doing. In terms of sources for example code, you should check to see if the other vendor has user forums. It's unlikely that you will find another LV user, but you might be able to get snippets of code in some other language that illustrate how to do specific things.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,293 Views)