LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth Low Energy with sbRIO 9627

Can I directly communicate any BLE device with sbRIO 9627 using LabVIEW? Can anyone give me some good crisp context about it? I don't want to use any third software which I will communicate with LabVIEW and which actually does BLE communication with a BLE device.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(127 Views)

LabVIEW has no BLE suppport, and Bluetooth classic support is limited to Windows. There are some user libraries for BLE, but they are also limited to Windows.

So if you do not want another program handling the communication, you seem to have to pick a dongle and write a LabVIEW interface to the driver...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(105 Views)

You mean to say that I should program my BLE dongle with LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(67 Views)

No, you need a dongle and write a LabVIEW interface to its driver. Someone created a a driver for a dongle with a serial interface here: LabVIEW BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) toolkit​.

Afaict, NI Linux RT comes with bluez for bluetooth support. I have no idea how to interface with bluez and my Linux programming experience is very limited. Maybe I would start from here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30386577/c-c-ble-read-write-example-with-bluez

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(50 Views)