cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boolean button that requires a double click

Solved!
Go to solution

@Steve Chandler wrote:

Norbert, neat trick! I had never thought of a use for a disabled control that is not also greyed out. I never tried it but I am surprised that a disabled control still generates mouse events.

Mouse down events are independent of the operation. You can easily generate such events even for indicators. Very useful! 🙂

Message 11 of 20
(1,531 Views)

Norbert: Thank you for sending this VI. It is exactly what I was looking for.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,515 Views)

@Norbert_B wrote:

@Ian: While i find the general idea very interesting, i don't like that timing is encapsulated only in the subVI. While it doesn't hog the CPU (which is good), it might give wrong impressions to new developers (no obvious wait funktion in the loop).

@Op: If it was only a double click you want to check, you might do something like in the attachment.

Norbert 

I to am interested in your solution.  Can you downconvert to LV10 for me?  Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,498 Views)

Reese, Here it is in LV2010.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,494 Views)

Norbert_B wrote:

@OP: If it was only a double click you want to check, you might do something like in the attachment.

I am still trying to wrap my head around the diffence between a "mouse down ...double-click" and a "mouse up...double-click" event. 😄

Message 15 of 20
(1,487 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

Norbert_B wrote:

@Op: If it was only a double click you want to check, you might do something like in the attachment.

I am still trying to wrap my head around the diffence between a "mouse down ...double-click" and a "mouse up...double-click" event. 😄

@Norbert_B : Very cool idea indeed.

@altenbach: I was trying to find out the same soon as I saw the code. I do not see any differece in terms of execution, is it true?

Also, I think as a general principle, everyone in the forums should post vi in older version whenever possible (of course, in some times you might loose some functionality, in which case, it should be okay to post it in same version it was created in). It willl help the majority of community members who have older version to jump in to the discussion, and get the ideas such as few posted in this thread, whithout having to go through the hassle of asking for downconversion and wait for it until someone does it for them. 

-Nilesh

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are (always) welcome for the good post. 🙂
Message 16 of 20
(1,470 Views)

The difference between mouse down and mouse up is WHEN the event is generated. Mouse down means, the event is generated as soon as the mouse button is pressed while mouse up is generated once you release the button.

For single mouse presses, it is suggested to use the mouse up event because you might realize: Hey, that's the wrong control i am pressing! So simply move (while keeping the mouse button pressed) the mouse point off the control and then release the button. The event for the control "mouse up" will not be generated since it never took place (mouse up was OUTSIDE the control!)

Another difference is that mouse down is also available as filter event while mouse up not....

A third difference is that mouse up is not generated if the control has a context menu and the mouse button used is the right one.

But to be honest, for a double click, it really doesn't matter much since if i double click as user, i click quite fast (maybe as fast as i can) so i will not rethink during the double click if the control was the correct one.... 😉

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 17 of 20
(1,433 Views)

@odessy27 wrote:

Also, I think as a general principle, everyone in the forums should post vi in older version whenever possible (of course, in some times you might loose some functionality, in which case, it should be okay to post it in same version it was created in). It willl help the majority of community members who have older version to jump in to the discussion, and get the ideas such as few posted in this thread, whithout having to go through the hassle of asking for downconversion and wait for it until someone does it for them. 

-Nilesh

I second this notion.  I've had to ask for older versions all the time.  Unfortunately, some of us are stuck with the versions we purchased until we can convince the powers-that-be of the need to upgrade.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
Message 18 of 20
(1,412 Views)

@MoReese wrote:

I second this notion.  I've had to ask for older versions all the time.  Unfortunately, some of us are stuck with the versions we purchased until we can convince the powers-that-be of the need to upgrade.

I just posted an idea to the idea exchange that might be able to address this issue.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,393 Views)

@Steve Chandler wrote:

@MoReese wrote:

I just posted an idea to the idea exchange that might be able to address this issue.

I already posted here long back when I was starting with the forum (You know one thing I got my first kudo there Smiley Surprised ) but not much appreciation 😞

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,318 Views)