LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bound shared variables on an RT system

Hi,

I am currently trying to bind a shared variable hosted on a RT PXI to another variable in a different project running on a Windows PXI.

In the variable properties on the RT system I have checked the 'Enable Aliasing' box, selected PSP URL and browsed to the variable on the Windows system. I then just have a very simple VI in the RT project to write to it's variable, and a VI on the Windows system to read from it's variable. To begin with it doesn't work (I don't see the variable on the Windows side update when I write to the RT variable), but I don't get any errors. Eventually I get a -1950679023 error on the RT side.

This does all work fine if I do the same thing from a Windows PXI to a Windows PXI.

Should this work on a RT PXI?

Many thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,225 Views)

Can you see both sets of SV in the Distributed System Manager?  My guess is the SV library isn't getting deployed on your RT target.  I haven't used PXI RT, but on my cRIO systems I had to deploy the SV library separately from the startup.exe

--Using LV8.2, 8.6, 2009, 2012--
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,219 Views)

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply.

Yes, I can see both shared variables in the distributed system manager. The SV on the Windows system looks fine, however the SV on the RT system says 'Quality: Process Failure'. I have tried stopping the process, removing the process and then redeploying the library a few times, but that doesn't seem to help.

Thanks,

Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,211 Views)

I have found that if I use the functions in the shared variables palette on the RT PXI I can talk to the shared variable hosted on the Windows PXI without needing to alias a copy of the shared variable on the RT system.

This solution seems to work well, and is neater so I think I will do it this way instead.

Sarah

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,203 Views)

I do this all the time, but I do the binding on the Windows side.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,190 Views)