LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken XControl - Owning library has blocked execution of the vi

Good Day,

I need help to understand how to fix the attached XControl.

It gives the error Owning library has blocked execution of the vi and all the sub-VI in the XControl library are shown as broken.

I suspect that the issue is in the definition of the Data and State abilities, but I have not been able to fix it in any way.

Any help would be really apreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,225 Views)

Hello FSFirenze,

I made a bit of research for the error you receive and I found something that might be of assistance. Can you please tell send me a screenshot with the error so it's more clear for me?

This error is typically caused when the .lvclass file is not updated to properly reflect the VIs it contains. This is usually caused by manually moving class VIs from their proper directory instead of doing it from the project, but it can occasionally happen when many changes occur in the class at one time.

To resolve the issue, you will need to modify the XML in the .lvclass file:

1. Close the project containing the LabVIEW Class.
  2. Right-click on the .lvclass file in Windows Explorer and open with Notepad.
  3. Browse the XML file. Each class VI should be contained in <ITEM></ITEM> tags. Locate any class VIs that should no longer be a part of the class.
  4. Delete all XML code for the unnecessary VI defined between (and including) the <ITEM> tags.
  5. Save the .lvclass.
  6. Reopen the LabVIEW project.

Was this helpful?

Ciao!

Antonios
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,207 Views)