LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: MC Listbox crashes LV

[Cross posted to Lava.]

I've been prototyping some UI functionality and have run into a situation that consistently causes LV to crash.

UiListboxCrash.png 

1. Open and run the attached vi.

2. Click in the area highlighted by the red boxes at a rate of ~2/second.

3. Watch LV crash in 5 seconds or so.

I'm running LV10 and Win7.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,191 Views)

Thats weird I'm not able to duplicate the problem. I'm not running Win 7 though.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,180 Views)

Thanks for the feedback.  It does appear to be an issue only with the MC Listbox from the System palette--I couldn't repro with the Modern or Classic MC Listbox. 

I found another oddity... the MC Listbox you get from the FP System palette is different than the MC Listbox you get from the FP Replace -> System palette.  The listbox from the Replace menu doesn't repro the bug either.

TwoMcListboxes.png

I've also attached a revised vi with the simplest code that causes the crash.  It happens when wiring a negative number into the MCListbox.Value property node.

RootCrashingCode.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,167 Views)

Yep.

Capture.PNG

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,162 Views)

@Daklu wrote:

I found another oddity... the MC Listbox you get from the FP System palette is different than the MC Listbox you get from the FP Replace -> System palette.  The listbox from the Replace menu doesn't repro the bug either.

This is incorrect.  All the settings get reset when replacing the control.  Once you set Allow Dragging and Allow Dropping the replaced system control crashes too.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,147 Views)

Hey just out of curiosity, why no wait inside the while loop?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,114 Views)

> Hey just out of curiosity, why no wait inside the while loop?

It's not needed.  Event structures block execution until something happens (an event) that the event structure handles, so there's no risk of the loop spinning freely and consuming all the cpu resources.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,102 Views)

Good Afternoon!

This issue has been reported under Corrective Action Request #178185.  It is being further researched by the R&D team at National Instruments.  I hope y'all have a great day!

-Cody C

Message 8 of 8
(3,089 Views)