cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug with Latch Mechancial Action?

Solved!
Go to solution

@Darin.K wrote:

I am sniffing an issue fixed in LV10 SP1, I wonder if a forced recompile in SP1 (Ctrl-Run) fixes the issue as well.

Nope. Same thing after Ctrl-Run.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 28
(4,385 Views)

I am using SP1.

Edit: Let me go find another computer with LabVIEW 2010 installed and see if i can replicate it on that.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 28
(4,382 Views)

@fdinoff wrote:

I am using SP1

Just when I thought I could not get more cofused...Can you reproduce this with any kind of button? An LED set as a control, a system button, etc?

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 28
(4,378 Views)

I see, Steve added a While Loop (CPU hog BTW) which works.  It seems the original VI aborts before toggling the control.

Removing the Loop restores the original issue.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 28
(4,377 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

I see, Steve added a While Loop (CPU hog BTW) which works.  It seems the VI aborts before toggling the control.

Well yea but that's what all the cores are for. My system doesn't even seem to notice Smiley Very Happy

I can reproduce this issue after adding a while loop to fdinoff's VI or without the while loop.

Edit: I can reproduce this on my system without the while loop. With the while loop it works. But still with the code that fdnionff posted the switch will not reset with the while loop.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 28
(4,372 Views)

I tried it on another computer (LabVIEW 2010 32-bit) and it was still there. When I orginally found the bug my code was in a while loop but there was a lot of other stuff too. I only posted what was nessasary to see the bug.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 28
(4,364 Views)

Very interesting.  To summarize my findings: LV10 (not SP1)

1) OP VI - Buggy.  Add While Loop - Still buggy

2) New VI - Buggy.  Add While Loop - Still buggy

3) Steve's VI - Works as CPU hog, add 0 ms wait, buggy again, remove While Loop and buggy

Spin, baby spin!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 28
(4,362 Views)

I can confirm that on my system the problem is there when I add a 0mS wait. Definately a bug.

Edit:

Move the 0mS wait OUTSIDE of the while loop and you see the bug. Very strange.

bug.png

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 28
(4,357 Views)

A little more info. It does not seem to have anything to do with the wait. The problem seems to happen when there is any other code.

bug_example - SteveChandler.png

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 28
(4,342 Views)

I have a slightly different test vi for this that uses a button event NewValue fed into a case statement (to duplicate similar code I use in my application) and I see the same problem as others.  It does not reset the latch as it is supposed to after it is "used by LabVIEW" (as the documentation states).  I am using XP SP3 and LabVIEW 2010 SP1.  I have also tried this in 2009 and 8.6 and it does not work.  Perhaps the criterium defined as "used by LabVIEW" is not being met?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 28
(4,296 Views)