LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build a source distribution with user lib VIs segregated into own folder?

I know how to build a source distribution with the top-level VIs in the distribution's main folder and their subVIs saved into a subordinate folder. I also know how to include any referenced user-lib subVIs in the source distribution and they too end up within the subordinate subVI folder. Is it possible, as part of the source distribution build process, to have included user-lib subVIs saved into their own separate subordinate folder?

I'm sure it would be possible to create a post-build processing VI which would open the main VI's and identify which of their subVIs matched ones in VI lib and move them to a separate folder and then save everything again, but that's not what I'm asking when I say "is it possible?"  My suspicion is NO it's not, but I'm open to pleasant surprises if someone has figured it out.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,264 Views)

Option 1

add user lib to project as a separate folder,

add new folder in Destinations tab

in source file settings tab set user lib (will be available as project folder) to destinations.

Option 2 - turn on "preserve disk hierarchy" 

Not a user specified folder, but a separate one.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,242 Views)

Option 3) Make a source distribution with a dummy file. The, in Pre\Post build actions, add a VI that does everything you want with VI Server techniques.

Upside: you can do anything you want.

Downside: you have to do anything you want.

Maybe you can find some hybrid form where LV does most of the things, and then complete the distribution yourself by adding\deleting\moving files.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,206 Views)