LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build a two Vi's into one executable with shared focus

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a project where there are two VI's running simultaneously and using variables in a lvlib to pass data back and forth, as the design would have it both panels have controls. in the current production use they are both built into exe's and launched separately, and they work as is.  I wanted to build them with one launcher (and build spec) but when I do one of the front panels take focus and I can't interact with the other do so makes the active one's border flash. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(762 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Onering20

Your description is too vague to really offer a solution. Also please be more specific when using the term "variables"?

What are the windows settings of the two panels (modal? Floating? something else?)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(739 Views)

Variables bools, ints, and strings set as "network-published" (is this necessary within the same exe)

In build settings -> Source file settings -> VI -> Customize VI Properties -> all set to use vi property window behavior shows (greyed out):
Panel A (maintains control): Modal (after reading your response I tried changing this to Default and both seem responsive)

Panel B (unable to interact): Default

CustomDialog (set to run occasionally and takes control from Panel A used for most inputs): Modal 

Edit: is it possible to keep B accessible during the dialog box while that box takes cursor focus?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(725 Views)