LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build installer : asking for Veristand Beta 1...

Hi !

I'm currently building an installer to deploy my system on customer machines. To do so, when building, it asks for "NI Veristand 2010" distribution... which I have on my hard drive... 

But, when proompting the explorer window to indicate the folder of the nidist.id file, it asks for "NI Veristand 2010 Beta 1"distribution... which I had on my computer... but that I uninstalled and replaced by current NI Veristand 2010 software. And of course, the intaller doesn't want to hear about actual veristand dist, but still asking for Beta 1 dist....

How could I fix this ?

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
This post is made under CC BY 4.0 DEED licensing
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,487 Views)

Hello zyl7,

Thank you for posting on National Instruments' forum.

I advise you to contact the National Instruments support via mail or phone.

Regards,

Romain P.
National Instruments France

Message 2 of 5
(2,467 Views)

Hi Romain !

Thank you for your advice ! I'll of course phone NI support to have an answer !

But the pupose to this forum is to share tips in order to resolve problems encountered by users... Having a solution posted here could be really usefull for me AND for others...

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,463 Views)

Hello zyl7,

The main reason for what I advise you to contact your local support is because the product you are using is an un-released Beta product (VeriStand 2010 beta), ant it is not supported through standart technical support. Please visit this website http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F4C65019E568C31186257214000492C8 or www.ni.com/beta for assistance on Beta products. In general, Customers enrolled on beta program should know before hand what to do for support issues with a Beta product, as they should have hadto enrolled in the Beta program to receive the product.

You have uninstalled VeriStand beta version, but I think there is some files or keys (registry database) or informations on your computer about this beta version. Perhaps you could try to use a tools that clean-up your computer.

Best regards,

Romain P.
National Instruments France

Message 4 of 5
(2,445 Views)

Hi !

After some registry manipulations, I finally fixed it...

For whose facing the same problem, You have to change the path of all bad linked distributions... Then, you'll find a key in the registry listing some GUIDs (package and distribution). These GUIDs have to match GUIDs found opening the "nidist.id" file of the correct distribution (with Notepad++). Restart LV and build the installer. If the pop-up asking for a distribution appears again, just indicated the folder (or DVD) containing your current distribution, and that should rock !

PS:

Is there a Kudo race inside NI ? Why guys from the support are distributing kudos to each other ? 'Distribution' really occupies to much my mind... Smiley Mad

CLA, CTA, LV Champion
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,403 Views)