LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLD testleaks

I am just curious why only those 3 CLD test examples are available for people who is preparing for the real test.

I mean a lot of us here have already taken the exam, probably more than once. Why there are no any leaks about the real test out here? Do you need to sign a contract to keep the test confidential? Even that, I still cannot believe the test is leak-free. People talk about what they saw in CLAD test all the time, right?

Just curious.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 27
(3,258 Views)

When I took the CLAD I was sworn to secrecy! Actually you are just not allowed to quote actual questions, you can say for example I was hammered with unusual examples of error handling, with out quoting the question directly. I suspect the same goes for the CLD? I would be interested to know also.

Alan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 27
(3,225 Views)

I took the CLAD exam, but don't remember the secrecy part. 

But I am pretty sure I have seen people quote the original questions, not exactly the same wording but close to show what the original one was asking. 

I guess CLD loads a much smaller problems pool/database so the NI restricts people from leaking, but how do they do that?:manwink:

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 27
(3,214 Views)

You are sworn to secrecy before the exam.  In case you don' t know, the CLD is not questions and answers.  It is an actual programming assignment.  You are not supposed to reveal anything about the programming topic.  Well maybe you are allowed to say that I had a car wash assignment or a stop light assignment, but that is it.  You are not supposed to tell about the requirements of the exam.  If anyone were to leak any information, they would only be cheating themselves.  Why take a hard exam and then make it easier for someone else by telling them what you had to do?  You have nothing to gain.  If you can work the examples given online, then you should be able to pass the real exam.  Just remember, functionality counts for only 40%.  Documentation 30% and Style 30%.  So document well and follow the NI style guide.

- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
Message 4 of 27
(3,212 Views)

People, you are not supposed to lie either. Do you lie? Of course, nobody is perfectSmiley Very Happy

YOU-ARE-SUPPOSED-TO does not explain why no leaks. I am asking a simple fun question here. 

By the way, telling others what you went through does not necessarily mean other people can pass easily. You might as well remind lots of others that they are probably not ready for that step yet; you might as well give lots of others a much better idea what the real exam is like and be well prepared. You probably don't gain anything directly; but you don't know either how much you have helped other people. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 27
(3,197 Views)

@MengHuiHanTang wrote:

People, you are not supposed to lie either. Do you lie? Of course, nobody is perfectSmiley Very Happy

YOU-ARE-SUPPOSED-TO does not explain why no leaks. I am asking a simple fun question here. 

By the way, telling others what you went through does not necessarily mean other people can pass easily. You might as well remind lots of others that they are probably not ready for that step yet; you might as well give lots of others a much better idea what the real exam is like and be well prepared. You probably don't gain anything directly; but you don't know either how much you have helped other people. 

"Stop right there!" (Paradise by the Dashboard Lights, Meatloaf, Bat out of Hell album).

Yes we all fail and fall short but that does not give us or others license to fail on purpose or without regard for what is right.

I think it was Gahndi that said "Be the change you would like to see in the world" and less liars would serve us all well.

Returning the the topic of this thread....

Answering would require seraching the hearts of those that have taken the test and have chossen to adhere to their contract and "keep it secret, keep it safe" (Gandalf Fellowship of the Ring).

The only heart that I can acces to answer that question is my own. In my case, I chose to keep it secret because I signed a paper saying I would. For me to knowingly violate a commitment that I made would remove all resonable expection of the promises that have been made to me, and there are some big ones I am counting on.

I'll let others extrapolate from there.

Ben

(CLA #54 or was that 53?)

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 6 of 27
(3,186 Views)

In the contract you sign, at least for the CLAD, and this is very recently, if you GET CAUGHT revealing actual questions on the test NI can pull your cert.

Don't believe me? Ask NI, they monitor this forum, Hmmmm so I wonder how they could find out?

Alan (CLAD)

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 27
(3,170 Views)

And aside from the fact that everyone taking the exam signs a non-disclosure agreement, which is legal contract, where do you expect these leaks? Here on National Instruments' forum? There is a lot of assistance for those preparing to take the exam, and there has been discussion regarding the written exams, even the examples ones of ambiguous questions, but as the previous posters have said, why would someone violate a "promise"?

"Societies function best if trusts are not betrayed" - Thomas H. Monroe

I did hear a rumor that the next batch of wikileaks were going to be the answer to all of the exams ...

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 8 of 27
(3,160 Views)

Great discussion so far, 

So now it narrows down to one thing: why would anyone violate the commitment, or the promise? Unfortunately, this is not what I asked. 

I guess that sort of answered why there are no leaks so far, because everyone is keeping the vow they sign before the exam. That's all I was asking. I was not asking for real test assignment, I was not asking for where to find leaks. I am simply asking why there is no leak. Because everybody, passed the test or not, chooses not to leak. That's good to know.

Back to the CLAD leaks, no matter it is ambiguous ones or else, they ARE the real test questions. So whoever posts that type of question here is a violation of the non-disclosure agreement. why would anyone violate the commitment, or the promise? Ask them the same question again. 

"Societies function best if trusts are not betrayed" - Thomas H. Monroe   Blablablabla

It all sounds great, but I don't think anyone here is so naive to actually think this is a pure clean world. Is it?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 27
(3,148 Views)

"Societies function best if trusts are not betrayed" - Thomas H. Monroe   Blablablabla

It all sounds great, but I don't think anyone here is so naive to actually think this is a pure clean world. Is it?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're obviously young and have not discovered what is important in life.

The question you should be asking is "what type of people caused this world to NOT be a pure clean world?"

It seems that nowdays, many do not care about integrity and honesty.  It is people who make this world what it is.  If no-one dares to be naive, then I don't even want to imagine what your future will be like.

There are two types of people:  Those who are good, and those who pretend to be. 

It's a simple choice. 

I find that Certifications are meaningless, which is why I do not bother with it.  To me, the value has been diminished by all those who boast having Certifications but truly know nothing about the title that they hold.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 27
(3,138 Views)