cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call a DLL from a built project

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I have created a SubVI that returns recognized audio devices and drives which are searched for in a specific manner. For the audio devices I use functions from lvsound2.llb. When I call these functions once it works fine, but when I change the configuration during runtime (this is bound to happen), it doesn't update the values.

Say, it finds 4 audio devices and when I disconnect them and rerun the VI it still says 4. To work around this issue, I created a DLL from this SubVI and call the DLL from my Main. This works fine everytime in the Project explorer, since the DLL is recalled everytime and does not seem to stay in the memory the same way the SubVI before did. However, once I build my project into an executable, it stops working. It always tells me, there are no audio devices recognized.

Project Explorer: Hey 4 audio devices, great!

Built Exe: Nope, nothing here.

Any ideas, where the problem could be? I'll attach the VI i used to create a DLL out of.

Regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,965 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Pedro89

Nevermind, I had to manually include the "data" file from the created DLL. LabView didn't manage to do this itself.

Regards,

Pedro

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,956 Views)