cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can digital retrigger optimize run time of code

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I prepared a LabVIEW code for the NI-6255 Mass Termination where I am using multichannel (RSE) samples and an analog retrigger signal. Initially, I faced a runtime issue: with each 100 Hz trigger signal, only one sample per channel was entered into the data acquisition. To improve this, I introduced a for-loop, which initially took 10 seconds to complete. After implementing a control task with DAQ commit state, the runtime decreased significantly, now taking around 2 seconds to finish. Profiling showed that starting and stopping the DAQ within the loop takes about 15 ms per loop, totaling around 2.2 seconds due to the DAQ operations.

Would switching from an analog trigger signal to a digital trigger signal be beneficial in reducing the total runtime further?

Kind regards
Hasham

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(117 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hasham622x

Please refrain from creating a new post for the same question. This post is duplicated with Re: Stucked in Retrigger option NI-6255 Mass termination device

USB-6255 is a M Series DAQ. Retriggerable task is only supported in X Series DAQ. Reference: Retriggerable Tasks in NI-DAQmx

As I have mentioned earlier, please refer to Retriggerable Data Acquisition with NI DAQ Devices for a shipping example of M Series USB DAQ device.

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
Message 2 of 2
(93 Views)