LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone cool please help me with this waveform chart issue? (I have attached my block diagram)

I have a 2D array and would like to populate data on the waveform chart. So basically, I need three horizontal lines for +, -, and x.  I want cycle in red below  on x-axis and the rest on y-axis. I have tried to pay with the waveform properties and still couldn't figure how to solve this problem. scale property has been deceiving me. I don't want the zig zag lines as shown below. I just 3 lines (1,2,3) going across and keep updating for every cycle. Can someone please help me with this? 

Capture.PNG

This below is what I am getting and I don't want it. Another issue is that it keeps updating way faster than the cycle. I would like to update as the cycle updates. 

GRCK5000_0-1648488676741.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(1,305 Views)

So I want the circled data to be (updating) on the x-axis and the rest of the data on the y-axis, but I can't figure out the way to do it. I tried waveform properties, still can't figure out the solution.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(1,340 Views)

Because your time step between data points is the same every time you don't need to give the chart you x axis data. It will increment the x axis by 1 every time you write a point to it. If you want it increment by something other than 1 see the scale and offset properties of the chart.

If your time steps were unequal I would suggest using an XY graph and keeping a buffer of all the data you want displaying. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(1,329 Views)

Go to NI Learning center. It has all the informations that you need. Have you read the tutorials?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(1,300 Views)

Go to Ni learning center. Have you read tutorials? hahahah

HAHA... This is usually what I get from people.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(1,303 Views)

If you have explicit X values that are not equally spaced (or even duplicate, e.g. 0 occurs twice), you need an xy graph. If that first value is wrong and the x values are actually spaced equally, you can just use a waveform graph and set x0,dx of the x axis accordingly.

• Why do you write a 2D array of zeroes to the history? Wouldn't an empty array be more typical?
  • Your data seems to be mostly in the cluster, so a chart seems ill advices anyway. Do you know the difference between charts and graphs?
  • Can you attach a VI that has more typical data in the cluster? (Why does the 2D array only have one row?

@GRCK5000 wrote:

Another issue is that it keeps updating way faster than the cycle. I would like to update as the cycle updates. 

It updates once per second because that's your loop time. What's the "cycle time" and where does it come from?

Your entire code seems very convoluted. Can you explain in simpler words what you like to see, what the data represents, and how you interact?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(1,282 Views)

Hi GRCK and qwertasdfg,

please don't start duplicate threads for the same problem…

@GRCK: I also merged your other (IMHO inappropriate) posts. I guess they better stay in your own thread…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(1,272 Views)

Hi Mr. Altenbach

The reason I write a 2D of zeroes is because, I want to start from the first cycle everytime I re-run my block diagram. 

Explanation of what I want to do: 

I want (addition (+), subtraction (-), multiplication (x)) to change as the cycle changes as shown on the picture below. Notice I have three lines. For cycle 1. This is what I want to see, then for cycle 2 I would like to see these lines extend to 2 and so on.

capture 1.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(1,265 Views)

😁😂 I hear you. I was thinking the more accounts you have the more chance you get help. Hahaha.. I'll delete the other account then. But why didn't you answer asdgqwert. But you're here answering my question. You are targeting me Hahaha smh.

When you tell me go to NI learning center, it's not inappropriate. But when I say it, it becomes inappropriate. That's hypocrisy.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(1,263 Views)

Hi GRCK,

@GRCK5000 wrote:
When you tell me go to NI learning center, it's not inappropriate. But when I say it, it becomes inappropriate.

You wrote that in an appropriate way: there's no need to give Paul an answer like yours when he is giving free content to the community. When I told you to do the basic tutorials then there was a clear indication (from your own messages) to recommend them…

@GRCK5000 wrote:

I was thinking the more accounts you have the more chance you get help. … But why didn't you answer asdgqwert.

I don't know any public forum where duplicate questions given from several accounts of apparently the very same person is considered "accepted behaviour".

I didn't answer your other nickname because I also need to work to earn my living.

Keep in mind: nearly all people responding in this forum are volunteers!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(1,249 Views)