LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone cool please help me with this waveform chart issue? (I have attached my block diagram)

@GRCK5000 wrote:

Hi Mr. Altenbach

The reason I write a 2D of zeroes is because, I want to start from the first cycle everytime I re-run my block diagram. 

Then you want to write an empty 2D array to the history. An array of zeroes is not empty and will cause a series of zeroes in the chart.

@GRCK5000 wrote:

I want (addition (+), subtraction (-), multiplication (x)) to change as the cycle changes as shown on the picture below. Notice I have three lines. For cycle 1. This is what I want to see, then for cycle 2 I would like to see these lines extend to 2 and so on.

That's not an explanation.

• Where does the data for each cycle comes from? What is the datatype (just a scalar? An array?)
  • Can you modify your code to produce simulated data of the correct type and size?
  • Can the addition|subtraction|multiplication traces be calculated from the data or are they independent?
  • If you want to always show all traces, why do you swap things with each iteration?
  • You chart shows more than one point per x-axis step, so dx for the X-axis needs to be modified.
  • Why is the front panel again maximized to your screen! Very hard to debug anything like that!
  • Xmin and increment properties need to be written exactly once, and not every time (they never change!). Do you know that you can resize property nodes to select multiple properties?
  • Why is cycle orange if it is an integer? Once cycle is larger than the 1D array, you are replacing elements that don't exist forever.
  • What's the point of your cluster (except for the state, and why is the state not a typedef?)?
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(237 Views)

Smh... alright. I'll change my behavior. I was trying to be a little funny on the forum. I am pretty sure Paul knew I was being sarcastic, but I guess I'll just be serious. I will not use the other account.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(234 Views)

@altenbach wrote:
 Do you know that you can resize property nodes to select multiple properties?

0 and 1 are defaults for the chart, so they only would need to be written if you are not sure what they currently are and whenever they should change. All properties can be written at once as follows:

altenbach_0-1648494130831.png

Also note that you should wire the error to the loop, not the 2D data. You need to ensure that the loop waits until the properties are written and branching the 2D array will allow the loop to start in parallel with the property node. The loop needs to depend on the property node, not on the 2D array to ensure correct execution order!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(228 Views)