LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate Labview after update to 2012 SP1

Hello

I just updated from Labview 2012 Spring edition to Labview 2012 SP1 as suggested by the NI Uodate Service, and when it came to activate the product, the activation wizard tells me that the serial number does not match the software. I don't have any other serial. It is an academic license.

Thank you in advnace for your help

Regards

HelderC

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(2,867 Views)

Do you have a SSP contract?

Updates are free as long as you maintain that contract. Not free if you don't.

I suggest you roll back to LV2012

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(2,863 Views)

@nyc_(is_out_of_here) wrote:

Do you have a SSP contract?

Updates are free as long as you maintain that contract. Not free if you don't.

I suggest you roll back to LV2012

That's weird.  I didn't think it would let you install the service pack if you didn't have an SSP - it would have a lock on it.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(2,849 Views)

I don't know if we  have the SSP contract (what does SSP mean?). We have an  Academic Site license and we get regular updates. Actually, I do have Labview 2012 Fall Edition and even Spring 2013 on DVD! Didn't have the time to upgrade...

So now... yes, it's weird it won't let me upgrade via Update Manager, and ... heck...suddenly the NI Update Manager pops up and asks me to make some security updates, offering other optional updates, I take the time to install them...and in the end I don't have a license for them??? I think something's not right...

Well, if it is like that, I will have to loose the time i didn't want to loose in the first place, but NI should review the way updates are offered...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(2,841 Views)

I believe critical updates are available for everyone, but service packs aren't considered "critical."  I guess that's a benefit reserved for "club members only."  (Sheesh.)

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(2,836 Views)

SSP = Standar Service Program http://www.ni.com/services/software_benefits.htm

Here is NI's webpage about LabVIEW 2012SP1 http://www.ni.com/labview/release-details/

LabVIEW 2012 Service Pack 1 is an exclusive update to LabVIEW 2012 for NI Standard Service Program (SSP) customers. There are no new product features introduced in service pack releases; instead, these releases provide bug fixes and improved stability for LabVIEW 2012.

In my opinion, bug fixes for a specific release such as LabVIEW 2012 should be FREE; NI has chosen to be yet another greedy company.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(2,830 Views)

@nyc_(is_out_of_here) wrote:

SSP = Standar Service Program http://www.ni.com/services/software_benefits.htm

Here is NI's webpage about LabVIEW 2012SP1 http://www.ni.com/labview/release-details/

LabVIEW 2012 Service Pack 1 is an exclusive update to LabVIEW 2012 for NI Standard Service Program (SSP) customers. There are no new product features introduced in service pack releases; instead, these releases provide bug fixes and improved stability for LabVIEW 2012.

In my opinion, bug fixes for a specific release such as LabVIEW 2012 should be FREE; NI has chosen to be yet another greedy company.

I have to agree.  Your words were more opinionated than mine, but yes, I agree with you.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(2,810 Views)

I have been a Labview user and NI client for more than 15 years now.

This is somewhat a disappointment, especially considering the price of their products... Paid bug fixes......???

Well, how do I roll back? Do I have to unistall and reinstall? That would be really really nice (...)

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(2,807 Views)

You guys would like this idea then:Service Packs

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(2,803 Views)

I know - even MS releases thei service packs for free (unless you count Windows 7 as a service pack for Vista, of course).

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,802 Views)