LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create build - Icon could not be written

Solved!
Go to solution

I have DVDs of 2017, 2018, and 2019. It's for work, and USB sticks are not allowed in any of our computers, so they probably had to request them.

Also, glad to help 🙂 Be warned, the uninstall process took me an entire day.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(993 Views)

Yiiikes... I hope that after all this trouble, it starts working.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(981 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author noahsiano

Ok, so I got it working! I had to switch to LabVIEW 2017 32-bit, and it built just fine.

The original code was written in LabVIEW 2012 32-bit, and on our other systems, we were able to convert it to LabVIEW 2017 32-bit and then convert it to LabVIEW 2017 64-bit. Maybe I jumped too far ahead by going straight to LabVIEW 2017 64-bit, but for what this will be used for, I will just stick with 32-bit.

My teammate still cannot build it, even with 32-bit, but he didn't uninstall NXG 4.0 or the LabVIEW 2019 things that came along with upgrading to NXG 4.0. So, if you are experiencing this issue, first, try 32-bit, and next, try a clean installation.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(972 Views)

I'm having this same problem with LV2017 on two different computers.  I'm pretty sure it was caused by me accidentally opening the project with 64 bit and saving it. I copied the project over to the 2nd computer and messed that computer up also.  Now I can't build any projects on either computer.  Has anyone else found a fix for this other than reinstalling?  I have tried the other ni suggestions posted earlier.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(803 Views)

If you open it and save it in 32-bit LV2017, it should convert it back to use the 32-bit binaries. Maybe you have to open/save any sub-VIs as well in a 32-bit instance?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(780 Views)

This turned out to be caused by a setting in McAfee and due to a new security update.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(768 Views)

Same here: icon could not copied to application.

after a short investigation it turned out that the windows defender identified the temporary file created by the application builder as >>Trojan:Win32/Bancteian!pz<< ( https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/malware-encyclopedia-description?name=Trojan%3AWin32%2F... )

The solution was to disable the Windows defender temporarily. Then the build was successfull.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(137 Views)