LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case structure help needed~

if there an easier way to key in those values into the array? i got hundreds of combination to enter now... and it's getting tedious...
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 27
(1,069 Views)
Do you have them keyed in anywhere now?  Such as an Excel spreadsheet?

You could create a text file from wherever you have these values currently.  Write a small LV program that reads that simple text file and builds an array out of those values and displays them in an indicator.  When you are done running it, right click on the array indicator on the block diagram and select Create Constant.  Copy that constant to your other VI.
Message 22 of 27
(1,060 Views)

Well, the there is no discernible pattern, you need to enter it all manually. Nobody else knows what goes where. If you have the values in a file, you could write some code that reads the file and generated the LUT.

I would use only a single array where the input string is converted to a number and used as array index directly.

For example for the following:

007A -> simon
0075 -> raymond
0045 -> johnson
001A -> monica

You would create an array with a few hundred  elements. Elements are by default empty, but;

A(122) = simon
A(117) = raymond
A(69) = johson
A(26) = monica

In this case. Now just typecastcast the 2 bytes to a number and use it to index into the array to get the desired result. Even a 16bit LUT is peanuts for a modern computer.

Message 23 of 27
(1,057 Views)

Hi Simmy

I seems like you want you work to be done by someone elseSmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

why dont you send ur data, so that someone around here will key in all those values in a file & send you the file.. lolz Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Thanks & Regards,
Rajan
0 Kudos
Message 24 of 27
(1,043 Views)
Rajan_77, i did not intend it that way, which post did i make actually says that? please point out to me. else please do not anyhow comment just because you feel like it, you might be an expert on this, but i am very new at this, if you are going to say this type of comments without even trying to help, i suggest you stop trolling and keep away. thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 27
(1,038 Views)

Sorry Guys,

My intention was not to make feel anyone down & neither i wanted to make this thread a place for non-technical discussion. All it was, just a joke.

& Simmy If you felt bad for that, i apologise to that & i never said that i am perfect (no one is perfect).

Is there a way by which i can delete my Posts ???? 

Thanks & Regards,
Rajan
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 27
(1,034 Views)

Is there a way by which i can delete my Posts ????

You cannot delete the post.Report to a moderator(Right top u will find this) If you want to
Message 27 of 27
(973 Views)