cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change a x/y graph from single plot to multiplot programmatically

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone, i have the following problem:

My code has a case structure wired to an enum, in each case i perform a series of operations that lead to the building of an x/y chart that can be multiplot or single plot based on the case im executing. My problem is that i wanted all the cases to be displayed on the same x/y graph indicator but, when i try to wire a single plot to my indicator my wire is broken. 

Is there a way to change my x/y graph programmatically so that it can display the type of graph im building independently? or any other way to solve this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(588 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author domcorrado

Hi dom,

@domcorrado wrote:

My problem is that i wanted all the cases to be displayed on the same x/y graph indicator

What's the difference between an array containing a single plot and an array of more than one plot?

Answer: for the XYGraph there is no difference, it will accept both on the same wire!

So the question is: why does your "single plot" case doesn't output an array of exactly one plot?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(579 Views)

@domcorrado wrote:

My code has a case structure wired to an enum, in each case i perform a series of operations that lead to the building of an x/y chart that can be multiplot or single plot based on the case im executing. My problem is that i wanted all the cases to be displayed on the same x/y graph indicator but, when i try to wire a single plot to my indicator my wire is broken. 

Is there a way to change my x/y graph programmatically so that it can display the type of graph im building independently? or any other way to solve this?

A long litany of vague descriptions does not help. Please attach your code. 

In the title, you talk about xy graph, but in the description, you talk about xy chart, something that does not even exist.

XY graphs accept a huge number of datatypes (arrays of points, arrays of clusters of arrays of points, complex 1D array, array of clusters of complex 1D arrays, clusters of x and y arrays, arrays of clusters of x and y arrays, etc. etc.) and the exact solution critically depends on what you have. Once you attach your VI, we can probably fix it instantly.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(544 Views)