LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing XY graph to multiple plot freezes labview

Hi,

I have a 0-dimensional XY graph which is part of a fairly big VI which I want to change to a mulitple plot version. However, when I wire an array of XY-data clusters instead of just an XY data cluster LabView 2014 freezes and crashes:

xy graph.png

LV freezes when i wire the lower 1-dim version.

There are mulitple VI references, Property nodes and Events in use from this graph. Usually this change is trivial, but for some reason it won't work here? Any ideas? Could it be a property node or VI reference that becomes incompatible when the dimensionality is changed?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,921 Views)

There's not much that we can do to help without knowing what all you do with your code. It might be a property node. Might be a specific setting you have.

I can make the code in your screenshot all day and not have a problem, so it's specific to either your LabVIEW install or your code.

Your first step towards figuring this out is find all references, property nodes, and invoke nodes for this graph and pinpointing the problem. Remove each one-by-one, starting with the ones that have something to do with Active Plot or multiple graphs, until the freeze no longer happens. Then send a detailed bug report to NI to fix it for future versions.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,879 Views)

If your project is on a source repository, I would propose to close LabVIEW, revert all Red VIs that have been saved without actual change to the code, so a good cleanup and then reopen your project and see if you still have the bug.

Then definitely do what James said.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,864 Views)

Thanks for you replies. The offending item was a 'value' property node. This of couse doesn't explain why LV decided to crash instead of just creating a broken wire (I tried to recreate the error using a fresh VI but couldn't).

Casper.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,806 Views)

Ah, the ol' "screw you" from a specific VI. Gotta love those.

I've been having problems recently with specific classes in my project crashing LabVIEW out of the blue. The only way to fix it is to just duplicate the whole class to a new name / folder hierarchy and replace all of the original class VIs with the new class. Instantly fixes the problem, but now I have three or four classes that are named "Class2" (or similar).

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,788 Views)