LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChatGPT AI Assisted Programming with LabVIEW Discussion

I wonder what ChatGPT's confidence was on these examples.  I wonder if its threshold for deciding doesn't have a lower limit so, even if it has a very low confidence, it will return the best thing it could come up with.  I work with people like that...

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 11 of 30
(2,394 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

I wonder what ChatGPT's confidence was on these examples.  I wonder if its threshold for deciding doesn't have a lower limit so, even if it has a very low confidence, it will return the best thing it could come up with.  I work with people like that...

Usually people want me to return an answer - any answer - so I will give them an answer and a confidence level.  The confidence level has been as low as 10 percent.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 30
(2,371 Views)

@jcarmody wrote:

To the people who provided the transcript link, it does give an answer confidence metric.

(Side note: my confidence of this answer is 0% 😁)

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 30
(2,339 Views)

@StevenD wrote:

That's really interesting. My girlfriend was listening to a podcast about Chat GPT and the expert (I don't know who) said Chat GPT was really good at giving convincing answers that are wrong. That answer is a perfect example of that.

So what you're saying is that I have competition?

Message 14 of 30
(2,335 Views)

I have been using github copilot (https://github.com/features/copilot) which uses GPT3 to write code and it is a truly disruptive technology. If you are a developer you can now write passable code in any language that GPT3 supports (most text based languages) even if you have never written a line of code in that language. If you are writing in a language you know, you get a major productivity boost. If you have never written code, you can now learn to write code in any GPT3 supported language very, very fast. 

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few years. Hopefully LabVIEW will get on the bus pretty quickly. 

Screenshot of the 4th point from my previous post

AeroSoul_0-1677134375859.png

All points are correct, except the last one, slow and fast regulator are just function names, not actual circuitry.

Unfortunately i did not screenshot the circuitry it drew.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 30
(2,241 Views)

@Kiwi-wires wrote:

I have been playing with ChatGPT too at https://chat.openai.com 

Here is my log. 

Can you program in python?

Yes, as an AI language model, I am capable of generating Python code and executing it. However, I do not have the ability to run Python code on my own, as I am a language model and not a programming environment. If you have any specific questions or tasks you would like me to help you with regarding Python, feel free to ask!

I don't know what to call this! 😆🤣😂

parthabe_0-1685430105980.png

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 30
(1,706 Views)

@Jay14159265 wrote:

Hopefully LabVIEW will get on the bus pretty quickly. 

Nooo... !!!  Hate to hear that! 😬😁

- Partha ( CLD until Oct 2024 🙂 )
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 30
(1,697 Views)

Well, then you should not watch the NI Connect keynote livestream from day 2. Especially not the part starting at 00:49:50.

There is a thread on the other side with a comment from the presenter: https://lavag.org/topic/22860-chatgpt-and-labview/?do=findComment&comment=151857

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 30
(1,690 Views)

I think that "AI" is misnamed.  I think is should be called 'Artificial Stupidity'

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 30
(1,630 Views)