LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine Ni-Scope Waveforms

Solved!
Go to solution

I have just started a project that will be using two NI USB-5133 oscilloscopes.

Each scope has two channels but I need to combine the two two channel waveform displays into one four channel display. 

Is this even possible? Admittedly I haven't tried anything yet, it just crossed my mind when I discovered NI Instrument Studio will not combine them into one display.

I will be triggering the second scope with the first one's PF output, I am guessing as long as I can sync T0 the rest should just fall into place?

The niScope Fetch VI can output several different formats, (WDT, complex WDT, Cluster, Array, etc.) any idea what would be the easiest format to use for this purpose?

Anyone got an example?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,109 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RTSLVU

It was easier than I thought...

2x4Capture.PNG

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,077 Views)

If it were a PXI Scope, you could use the channel expansion feature of the Scope driver to let the driver layer manage the merging using triggers and you need to handle only one session as if it were a larger scope.

santo_13_0-1647387085639.png

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,070 Views)