LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compass rose or gauge and 3d plot

I am very new to Labview. I am looking for compass rose type gauge and suggestions on plotting 3d image of remote operated vehicle. Basically trying to display pitch, roll and heading graphically in degrees. Thanks!! for any suggestions or direction
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(8,572 Views)

Hey rssharpe,

It is not extremely clear what it is you are trying to accomplish. You mentioned that you are plotting a 3d image of a remote vehicle. Are you able to display the vehicle and are just having trouble setting up your coordinate system? Are you looking to import a 3d picture of a vehicle and control its orientation on a 3d picture control based on either user input or some sort of data acquisition? A little more detailed problem description would be helpful. Also, what version of LabVIEW and or other software ware you working with?

Hope this helps,

-Ben

Hope this helps.
-Ben

WaterlooLabs
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(8,527 Views)

1st issue, I was looking for a more elegant display for heading information. I have a gauge , displays heading in degrees and wanted a better looking compass rose. 2nd issue, I have pitch, roll,heading and wanted to animate an image of my vehicle so it would be a graphical representation of vehicle attitude. I am using labview version 8.6 . Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 14
(8,521 Views)

I have customized a Compass control from a gague was not hard, but this is for a client so I can not post it.  Essentially make the scale from 0-360, remove the gap between 0 and 360 and paste the rose (see google images) instead of the gauge background image.  you can even replace the image used for direction to make it look excatly like you want.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 14
(8,510 Views)
I did something similarly a long time ago (2002).  For the pitch and yaw, I used a 3-D plot to make a plane that would indicate the orientation of the compass.
-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 14
(8,497 Views)

Thanks for responce. I have created gauge with 0 to 360 This all workd fine. I am trying to paste compass rose image but it covers up needle. How do  I paste image to gauge background? (behind needle) is this possible? Thanks to all.....regards

Star_1_268.jpg            compass_rose.gif

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(8,485 Views)

Not a direct answer to your last question, but as other have mentioned on the other thread you started on LAVA, you can use a picture control and get very good result (see attached screenshot). This is not trivial though.

PJM

Message Edited by PJM_Labview on 05-27-2009 06:51 AM

vipm.io | jki.net

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(8,480 Views)
Thanks to all, did not see post reply on LAVA. I was pressed for time so next time I will RTM ,Thanks again
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 14
(8,442 Views)

If you haven't already seen it this tutorial might help you: Customizing the Gauge Control in LabVIEW

Regards,

Simon 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(8,437 Views)
You dont want to paste the decoration over the control but customize the dial, (Rtclick advanced->customize) Then replave the typical dial background with the star iname.
Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(8,402 Views)