LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compatibility of LabView 8.6 and OS Windows 10

Dear NI Support,

can you please make a statement about the compatibility of LabView 8.6 and OS Windows 10?

What would be a recommended LabView version by use of OS Windows 10, regarding of the "full developement systems" package?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,331 Views)

According the this page : http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/53409/fr/

Spoiler
I know it's in french, NI website is weird with languages, it will not let you chose what language you want, it forces one uppon you depending on you location. If you want the same in english, google "site:ni.com labview os compatibility"

The oldest LabVIEW version supported for Windows 10 is 2015 SP1

I bolded supported because it doesn't mean that some of it won't work, it's just that it's not guaranteed to work.

8.6 is a bit old though...

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,290 Views)

I will state that I do have LabVIEW 8.2.1 installed on my Windows 10 machine.  I only have it for converting old projects and will not develop anything with it (the lack of QuickDrop really messes me up).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 4
(2,275 Views)

For me, the most annoying incompatibility between Windows 10 and old LabVIEW versions is how it handles the Windows screen scaling.  Most high-resolution monitors prefer a scaling of 125, 150 or even 200%.  Only in the last 4 years has LabVIEW recognized this setting and tried to adjust the environment, sometimes unsuccessfully.  I have LV2014 on a Windows 10 system and I can only use it on the small monitor (100%).  If a single window opens on the bigger monitor, LV ignores all mouse right-clicks.

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,233 Views)