cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conditional Error probe

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I set a Conditional Error probe in my program, and selected pause if there is an Error, but it didn't pause when error appeared, why ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,124 Views)

You didn't actually have an error?  Perhaps it was a warning?  Or you didn't click the right check boxes?

With little to no information provided, I can only guess.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,118 Views)

My guess is you didn't probe the right error wire. You seem to know there was an error, so I bet the error threw a popup alert, but the error didn't get passed through the wire you're probing.

LabVIEW programming is based entirely on dataflow and parallelism. This is incredibly powerful and has lead to its success over the years (coupled with the graphical programming), but is usually one of the first things that new developers stumble over. Here's a simple resource to become more familiar with how it works. The Highlight Execution feature is a great way to watch how your application utilizes dataflow.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,095 Views)

@James.M wrote:

My guess is you didn't probe the right error wire. You seem to know there was an error, so I bet the error threw a popup alert, but the error didn't get passed through the wire you're probing.

LabVIEW programming is based entirely on dataflow and parallelism. This is incredibly powerful and has lead to its success over the years (coupled with the graphical programming), but is usually one of the first things that new developers stumble over. Here's a simple resource to become more familiar with how it works. The Highlight Execution feature is a great way to watch how your application utilizes dataflow.

I get mesmerized by all the dots racing around.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,090 Views)

Thanks for replying!

The picture shows what I choose. The error appears randomly, the error(not warning) actually appeared last time 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,088 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author perky66666

You'll have to post a VI that demonstrates teh problem so we can try it out.  (Be sure the VI is named with regular alphabet characters so we can open it.)

Try troubleshooting with an indicator on that wire.  You can unbundle an error wire.  Try putting a conditional probe on the boolean wire coming out of the unbundle.

Message 6 of 6
(3,082 Views)