LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration Options

Solved!
Go to solution

I have inherited an old vi (don't know which version it was created on). When I open it in labview 2020 the front panel looks like this

girish53_0-1676653082599.png

The window title says 'Configuration Options [file name] Front Panel .....

When I open a vi created with the new version the front panel looks like this

girish53_1-1676653255472.png

What do I need to change in the old vi to look like a vi created in the new version. I located the labview.ini file but it was too complex. I realize I have to change some setting(s), but don't know how to go about it. 

Thank you. 

Girish

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(990 Views)

billko_0-1676655561046.png

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(972 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author girish53

@girish53 wrote:

I have inherited an old vi (don't know which version it was created on).

Open the VI, right-click the Connector Pane in the upper-right corner, choose VI Properties, and you'll see the Source Version in the "General" Window.

When I open it in labview 2020 the front panel looks like this

girish53_0-1676653082599.png

Now go to Editor Options.  Alignment Grid Size for Front Panel, change to 12.

Changing the background is a little trickier.  Click "View" on the Menu bar, and choose "Tools Palette".  This brings up a now-hidden feature of LabVIEW development, replaced by the "Automatic Tool feature" that most people use today.  Do you see the Paint Brush tool at the bottom?  It should show two color boxes, both the light-grey you are looking for.  Click on the paint brush and click on the dark grey background of your VI -- it should become the (new) light gray.  Now you should probably turn off the Tools Palette by clicking the top "Automatic" button on the top, and closing the Tools Palette.

The window title says 'Configuration Options [file name] Front Panel .....

When I open a vi created with the new version the front panel looks like this

girish53_1-1676653255472.png

What do I need to change in the old vi to look like a vi created in the new version. I located the labview.ini file but it was too complex. I realize I have to change some setting(s), but don't know how to go about it. 

Thank you. 

Girish

See my comments, above.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(967 Views)

Thank you so much. That worked. 

Girish

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(952 Views)