LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect Magview flowmeter to USB6009

Hi, I am still very new to LabView and DAQs, and have been trying to connect magview MVM-002-Q to a USB6009 DAQ card, but unfortunately with no success. The connections I made are similar to the one shown in the data sheet, using PFI and the +5V pins with the GND as well. But I am not sure how can I read the frequency. I tried using MATLAB but with no success. I even tried with DAQmax test option when it first opens, but it keeps showing 0 count. Should I build a labview program for it? If yes, how can I start? I would appreciate any kind of help.

Best,

Hamza 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(758 Views)

How did you do the wiring? Can you share your wiring diagram?

How you tried to capture the pulse output from the sensor using a scope?

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(721 Views)

I can see a pulse using a oscilloscope. However I believe I need to build a labview program to be able to read it. Do you have any suggestions on how to start? or if there are some examples? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(717 Views)

You should start with Using Test Panels in Measurement & Automation Explorer for Devices Supported by NI-DAQmx

Once the acquisition is working with the test panel, you can go ahead with programming. The LabVIEW examples are available at Help >> Find Examples... >> Hardware Input and Output >> DAQmx

Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx and Handle 80 Percent of Your Data Acquisition Applications

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(709 Views)

I found out a solution. The reason why I was not detecting any output on Labview. The output voltage was higher than the maximum detectable voltage by my daq card, thus i needed to add an extra resistor in parallel. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(587 Views)