LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connector Pane, LabVIEW Web Service

Hi, 

I'm trying to get this tutorial to work: 

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Web-Development/Getting-Started-Series-Simple-JavaScript-and-HTML-w...

And it runs perfectly in debug mode, but gives an error when run as an application. The tutorial does not mention how the connector pane is supposed to look, so there might be a problem there. Right now the only ting connected is the LabVIEW Web Service Request. Do I need to connect anything else? I have followed the tutorial 100% so if you see anything missing or not properly described in the text, that might be the issue. 

All help is appreciated 

- Birthe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 18
(3,954 Views)

Hi,

Well I don't have access to the link. The problem might be that the webservice is not available in application mode. Try including the webservice while creating the application.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 18
(3,950 Views)

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Web-Development/Getting-Started-Series-Simple-JavaScript-and-HTML-w...

does this link work better? I'm so bad at this. I have tried to make an application but that does not work. (don't know if i'm doing it right though)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 18
(3,936 Views)

Hi,

Can you please specify what is not working? May be picture or a vi.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 18
(3,929 Views)

31285786_10216275940950553_9062960767900319744_n.pngThis is the vi when i try to run as an application (>>application web server >> Publish, then I press run). The Webpage still gets the right value in return, but none of the indicators or values in the vi changes, which they need to, since an other vi is going to read these values in the future. 31295568_10216275940670546_799431161976717312_n.png

This is the other window. The sum usually equals all three values added together, but dont have an updated image. 

Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 14.54.25.png

This is how the vi looks after values are received in debug. (Sorry some of it is in Norwegian, still hope you will be able to understand.) 

Basically the task is to order a beverage and a delivery location through a webpage, but like before i still struggle send an order from a different computer than the one with the lab view web service. I'm hoping that fixing the error above will bring me one step closer to solving the issue. Are any more images necessary?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 18
(3,921 Views)

Hi,

Try the attached project. If any errors let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 18
(3,916 Views)

I'm not able to open the file. It just says that I can't open the project since its vi version 15 and I only have 14 or something like that. Have you done any changes to that file compared to the one i sent the first time?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 18
(3,906 Views)

Hi,

Sorry my mistake, I use LV15.0. The attached project is in LV13. Check it out. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 18
(3,896 Views)

noe.PNG

I only seem to get an error when I try to run it. Seems like Public folder is missing. Thried to add one myself but it was not able to make a folder in the project folder. The file under Build Specifications, what is that for? 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 18
(3,877 Views)

Hi,

is it possible to install LV15 on your PC? I have built the application. It should work now.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 18
(3,872 Views)