ni.com checkout is currently experiencing issues.

Support teams are actively working on the resolution.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continous sample on LabView

hello everyone, this is an openbci toolkit to labview program, where in this VI we have to set N sample signals to be acquired. but when I want to increase the sample value. the program will run slowly. after I saw it turned out that N samples were connected to the count terminal on the foor loop, can anyone help me to solve this problem, I want to acquire signals continuously without having to interfere with the way this VI is running

Here's the main VI

frhnnmhd_0-1666082401050.png

this is the VI N sample in the SUBVI

frhnnmhd_1-1666082480474.png

I also attach this toolkit openbci to labview

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(944 Views)

Hi frhn,

@frhnnmhd wrote:

hello everyone, this is an openbci toolkit to labview program, where in this VI we have to set N sample signals to be acquired. but when I want to increase the sample value. the program will run slowly. after I saw it turned out that N samples were connected to the count terminal on the foor loop, can anyone help me to solve this problem, I want to acquire signals continuously without having to interfere with the way this VI is running

I also attach this toolkit openbci to labview

You did not attach any code to your message…

The higher then "Samples" number, the more often the loop in that subVI has to iterate. More iterations usually means longer execution time…

You can also acquire signals "continuously" when you read just "2" samples per mainVI iteration!

How large is the data message you request from your device? At 115200Baud you can transfer ~11kB per second…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(912 Views)

sorry sir it looks like my code is not uploading. here is the code.
it's true that I use the baudrate of 115200 sir, does it have any effect?. what baudrate should I use?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(877 Views)

Hi frhn,

@frhnnmhd wrote:

it's true that I use the baudrate of 115200 sir, does it have any effect?. what baudrate should I use?

You should use the baudrate that is given in the manual of your device and is used in the settings of your device…

On that example code: the read function will read as many samples as you request. Reading more samples will take more time.

Can you describe your problem better/more detailed?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(848 Views)

benar, masalah saya yang ingin saya selesaikan adalah saya ingin membaca sampel tanpa terpengaruh waktu. Saya ingin mendapatkan sampel realtime dan on demand sehingga semua sampel yang saya terima dapat direkam tanpa harus menentukan nomor sampel. Ini yang saya butuhkan, tahukah Anda bagaimana saya bisa mengedit VI ini agar cocok dengan solusi saya

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(814 Views)

Hi frhn,

@frhnnmhd wrote:

right, my problem i want to solve is i want to read the sample without being affected by time. I want to get realtime and on demand samples so that all samples I receive can be recorded without having to specify a sample number. This is what I needed, do you know how I can edit this VI to match my solution

It really would help when you would post your questions in English…

Just read a small number of samples with each iteration of your loop!

Which sample rate to you want to achieve?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(789 Views)