LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Measurement Data Logger Template; Update Display Loop without notifier

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I have used the Continuous Measurement Data Logger Template to create an UI. In my VI I use the Aquisition Loop to acquire the data, as in the Template. The Data Display Loop in the other hand was changed to a SubVI which not only Displays but stores data while running so I can use it. The problem I have now is that I am not acquiring data the whole time and still need to accsses the Data Loop. The Data Loop has it's own Queue which ensures the Communication to the UI Loop, but without sending any notifiactions in the Acquiring Loop the Data Loop won't run. Is there a quick fix for this problem or am I doing something fundamentally wrong here?

Kind Regards,

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(627 Views)

Hi Erik,

@erikson_99 wrote:

am I doing something fundamentally wrong here?

Yes: you attach only an image of parts of your code.

We cannot edit/debug/run images in LabVIEW!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(620 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I see! Sorry it took me so long to respond. You will find a concept of what I am trying to do in the attatchment. The functionality I need is to save the position while the acquiring is stopped.

Best Regards,

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(569 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author erikson_99

Hi!

With further testing I figured out that all I was missing was a timeout at one specific recieving Node. I am glad it's fixed now and hope I haven't bothered you to much with this simple error.

Best Regards,

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(557 Views)