LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling pressure regulator with labview and DAQ

Hello,

I am currently working on my Master's thesis. As part of this, a test bench is to be automated.
There is a pneumatic cylinder on this test bench that is currently set manually.

Is it possible to control an electric pressure regulator (e.g. Festo VPPE or VPPM) via LABVIEW?
The controller has an M12 plug with 5 poles:
1 supply 21.6 ... 26.4 V DC
2 Setpoint (-)
3 GND (-)
4 Setpoint (+) 0 ... 10 V DC
5 Actual value output or switching output

The applied voltage between 0 V and 10 V is then proportional to the set pressure

What hardware do I need for this? How do I connect the controller to this hardware?

Thanks for any help. I have never worked with LABVIEW before and am therefore still a complete beginner

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(408 Views)

Hi drawde,

@drawde99 wrote:

Is it possible to control an electric pressure regulator (e.g. Festo VPPE or VPPM) via LABVIEW?

Yes, sure!

@drawde99 wrote:

What hardware do I need for this? How do I connect the controller to this hardware?

Thanks for any help. I have never worked with LABVIEW before and am therefore still a complete beginner

Any simple DAQ device with an 0..10V analog output wouold be fine. Your options start with the plain USB6001

When you are a LabVIEW beginner you should take care of the learning offers at the top of the LabVIEW board.

And you should take care of the example VIs coming with LabVIEW and the DAQmx driver to get a start with your DAQ device…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 6
(397 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thank you for the fast respond!

Do I connect the analog output 0..10V from the DAQ to pin 2 and pin 4?

Do I need an external Power supply and connect it with pin 1 and pin 3?

Und ich hätte noch eine Frage:
Es soll ebenfalls ein Temperarturaggregat angesteuert werden. Dieses besitzt eine RS-232 Schnittstelle. Kann ich dies ebenfalls über LabVIEW ansteuern?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(390 Views)

Hi drawde,

@drawde99 wrote:

Do I connect the analog output 0..10V from the DAQ to pin 2 and pin 4?

Do I need an external Power supply and connect it with pin 1 and pin 3?

Yes. Yes.

I didn't read the manual for those Festo controllers, but probably I would connect "setpoint (-)" with "GND", too. (Unless the manual advises not to connect them.)

@drawde99 wrote:

Es soll ebenfalls ein Temperarturaggregat angesteuert werden. Dieses besitzt eine RS-232 Schnittstelle. Kann ich dies ebenfalls über LabVIEW ansteuern?

Yes.

Watch this video

Best regards,
GerdW

Message 4 of 6
(363 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thank you for your help. And sorry for the german part. I translated it in my head to english but still wrote it in german.

I will try my best in the next few days and hopefully it will work.

Best regards,

drawde

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(352 Views)

Hi drawde,

@drawde99 wrote:

And sorry for the german part. I translated it in my head to english but still wrote it in german.

Das ist für mich vollkommen ok, ich habe keine Probleme damit… 😄

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(317 Views)