LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting from LabView 4.0 to 8.5

Hi I have the same problem and i got directed here from another thread,anybody able to help me with these files.I got them from college but our lecturer wont upgrade them....long long story and we are all running 8.5

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 81
(1,920 Views)
Message 22 of 81
(1,915 Views)
Thanks a million folks.Gotta get back to the study now
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 81
(1,896 Views)

Hi all,

I am hoping to run a simple pid temperature control vi,i have gotten this one from the site but it wont run on my version v8.5?

Can onyone convert it

Thanks

Dec

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 81
(1,809 Views)
This is updated 7.1, which will import to 8.5 just fine.  If you do not have traditional NI-DAQ installed on your PC, you will be missing 2 VIs.  You can replace them with the equivalent NI-DAQmx VIs.
Message 25 of 81
(1,807 Views)

Thank you very very much

,which two DAQmx VI'S should i replace them with.I am hoping to read a voltage 0-10v input on one analoge input which will be the temperature of the water and outputting to one digital output which will be outputting 5 v to fire the solid state relay to turn on and off the heater.As you have probably guessed i am quite the novice here

Thanks

Declan

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 81
(1,795 Views)

The AI Read one Scan should be replace with a DAQmx Read and the AI Write one sample should be replaced with a DAQmx Write.  Both the Read and Write should be AI single channel single sample (the default).  This will reproduce the VI you posted.  It will need some work to do what you need it to do.  The modified VI using DAQmx is attached.

Have you looked through the LabVIEW PID examples?

Message 27 of 81
(1,790 Views)

I dont have the pid add on kit,do i need this to have pid examples.This is for a college project and unfortunatley i dont have the cash to buy the pid pack that i have been reading about or are there shipping examples?

I am using a ni 6008 to read a differential voltage 0-10v from a watlow 96.This voltage is representative of the temperature.I also want the 6008 to output a variable 0-5v dc output.This will be used to input the setpoint to the watlow 96.I also need the 6008 to switch on and off a solid state relay to turn on the heating element to heat the water.

I could use the watlow 96 to do the pid loop control but i want to take care of that with labview as that is what my lecturer would prefer

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 81
(1,776 Views)

Hi Mike,

Should i buy the labview PID add on kit or should i be able to do all of the above without it??

Thanks

Declan

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 81
(1,766 Views)

Hello. I have the same problem: converting from 4.0 to 8.5.

I hope that someone could convert it for me, please.

Here is .llb file in .zip.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 81
(1,669 Views)