LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy all property nodes from a table to another

Solved!
Go to solution

I have created a table which has some property nodes of cell sizes, colors... I want to create another table which is almost exact (all sizes, colors...) as the other one but with different data. Is it posible to do it easily or i need to copy the example attached for another table?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(672 Views)

Make sure you attach the VI's Instead of Images.

We cannot Run/Edit/Debug Images.

Do you want to set both Tables with Same Size and Color or do you want to retrieve from one Table and Set the Values to another?

If you want to set both the tables with same size and color you just need to map same values for both the property nodes.

if you want to retrieve from table 1 and write back to table 2 read the values of size and color from table 1 and write to table 2 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(658 Views)

Hi,

You could make your code reusable by disconnecting the property nodes from your table (right-click property nodes -> Disconnect From Control). Then create a reference from the table you desire to setup (right-click a table -> Create -> Reference), and wire it to the disconnected property nodes. Writing to the terminal can also be made generic by instead writing property "Value" (but it is a bit less effective than writing to the terminal directly or to a local variable).

If you need more help, please post your VI, not a truncated image of your block diagram.

Regards,

Raphaël.

Message 3 of 7
(657 Views)

Properties, once set, stick with the control/indicator, so apply all properties to one table, then make a copy of that table.

If you need to update certain properties at runtime, set them by auto-indexing on array of references for all needed tables.

I also recommend some simple tutorials, because your code is overly complicated, for example index array is resizable and you really don't need any shift registers for your desired loop outputs

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(600 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author electronic_lab

How about reading the properties of Table 1 and writing them to Table 2?

cptblCapture.PNG

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
Message 5 of 7
(592 Views)

I'm quite new in Labview so I didn't know that was posible

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(558 Views)

@raphschru wrote:

You could make your code reusable by disconnecting the property nodes from your table (right-click property nodes -> Disconnect From Control). Then create a reference from the table you desire to setup (right-click a table -> Create -> Reference), and wire it to the disconnected property nodes. Writing to the terminal can also be made generic by instead writing property "Value" (but it is a bit less effective than writing to the terminal directly or to a local variable).

This.

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(398 Views)