LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current output of PXI-6704

According to the manual for the PXI-6704 card (page 3-5 in the User Manual), the current output has a range of 0.1 mA to 20.2 mA. However, I am unable to produce more than 20.0 mA. During DAQmx initialization, I specify a minimum of 0.0001 A and a maximum of 0.0202 A, but this seems to have no effect on the maximum current that can be delivered. It still tops out at 20.0 mA. I have also tried using a MAX test panel, and setting the maximum value there to 0.0202, to no avail. Several PXI-6704 cards show the same behavior. Only one current channel is being used. No voltage channels are being used.

I realize that it is just a tiny bit of difference between 20.0 and 20.2 mA, but we need that little bit of headroom for our testing. How do get the PXI-6704 card to deliver 20.2 mA instead of topping out at 20.0 mA?

Thank you for your assistance.

-Chris

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,598 Views)

Chris,

I was also unable to change the max current output in NI MAX I believe this is because of how the input is formatted. However when I opened the LabVIEW Current-On Demand Output example I was able to change the max output and output the voltage up to .0202 A. I did not have a device at my desk to read in the analog current but the software says it is outputting. Are you reading the current in externally? Are you getting any sort of error message? If so what error message are you seeing? Thanks

Matt P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,567 Views)