LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom data type version number conflicts

I am new to Teststand software interface.  While doing my first software release under the guidance of a more experienced colleague, we discovered that Teststand will not run if it detects version number conflicts between custom data types on my machine vs. the production test machine.  I verified differences between all .seq files in my test program directory, but I did not realize that the version number difference exists in the StationGlobals.ini file, which is stored in a different location.  After discovering this, I modified the version number in one of the files.  However, two releases later, I discovered that the version number mismatches in another two files.  This raises several questions for me :

1.  Is there a way in Teststand to view all the .seq files where a custom data type is used and then change its version number in one attempt?

2.  Under what instances does Teststand upgrade the version number of a custom data type?

3.  Are there any tools or scripts within Teststand that can allow the version number of custom data types to be changed in all .ini files when a difference is discovered between the current production test station settings and a new release?

Please help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,032 Views)

You'll probably get better response in the TestStand Forum instead of the LabVIEW forum.

1.  Is there a way in Teststand to view all the .seq files where a custom data type is used and then change its version number in one attempt?

Look at the Types Window (Ctrl-T).  This should show which version of Custom Data Types are loaded for which sequence files.

2.  Under what instances does Teststand upgrade the version number of a custom data type?

As far as I know, anytime you edit a custom datatype which is already in memory, TestStand will update the version of the custom data type for the currently loaded sequences.

3.  Are there any tools or scripts within Teststand that can allow the version number of custom data types to be changed in all .ini files when a difference is discovered between the current production test station settings and a new release?

I think you can use the Types Window to do this but I'm not positive.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,030 Views)