LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCS Upgrade from version 7.1 to 8.5 with Issues

After upgrading to 8.5 from 7.1 I had to change VIs to remove the old DSC Status VI and to replace the old DSC Write with DS Writes. However, the SCF migrate has an issue with finding the "National Instruments.DaqOpc", which is visible in the Server Explorer. In addition, when I try to run the VIs I get the "1184" error associated with the DS Writes and the 1967362040 error with the old DSC Datalogging Start.

Any help?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,973 Views)
For error 1184,Check your firewall status.Is it blocking UR communication?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,962 Views)
Data Socket and Data Socket Server are allowed through the firewall.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,946 Views)

Hi tug,

You might look into this KnolegeBase for a solution to your error 1148:

Error 66/1148 When Writing to a Shared Variable Using DataSocket

Also note that the  DAQ OPC (thats the National Instruments.DaqOpc object) will only be available with Traditional DAQ. If you install Traditional DAQ from the web site, you should be able to work with that object again.

Asa Kirby
CompactRIO Product Marketing Manager
Hi tug, Can you tell us what os u r using?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,884 Views)
The OS is XP Pro.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,862 Views)

Hi Tug,

Did you ensure that you have no spaces in your string inputs to the datasocket VIs (or that you dont use string inputs?)

Asa Kirby
(2,844 Views)

Yes, there are no spaces, just dashes and underscores. I am reusing the shared variable constant and not the string constant for the reference.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,815 Views)
Make sure that your variables are deployed, or that they are being autodeployed when the VI starts. Also, ensure that traditional DAQ is installed correctly. You might also take a  look at the "Variable Manager" in the National Instruments program group. Look there to ensure that your variables are being deployed correctly.
Asa Kirby
(2,794 Views)