LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVR of Ring

I have uploaded a test project, which has a class with 2 vis, set and get. Set lets you set the data and get lets you get the data. As far as data inside the cluster of private data of object, I have used DVR of the data, so I believe I can get the same data which I use in set, i will get also in get. But the data I am using is a ring. Hence it is not working even though I am using a DVR. So can anyone explain is it because of my code or is it because of ring. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,029 Views)

You are never creating the DVR, so that is why it is not working. Take time to look at the example code for using DVRs. I really recommend that you go through the LabVIEW training.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,013 Views)

Thank You. Where can I find good example code for using DVRs in classes. I am still trying to figure out how DVRs work.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,002 Views)

First, go to the example finder and search for DVR (Data Value Reference). Look at those examples to see how to use DVRs. Once you understand that you are basically good to go. Your class is missing the creation and deletion of the DVR. When I do classes that contain DVRs I always have Create and Destroy methods which handle creating any DVRs that I use as well as closing them when done. The Create and Destroy methods are generally called at the beginning and end of my application.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(1,999 Views)