LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Entry Resolution

Solved!
Go to solution

I am working with a Numeric Control Properties (Data entry Tab) on the Front Panel Control (LabView 2010)

When I try to change the Increment, the field does not let me enter 0.00496324, it rounds it to 0.0050.

I tried to make changes to the Display Format Tab and tried different combinations of Ignore vs Coerce.

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,162 Views)

I'm not sure exactly what all you have tried yet, but here's what immediately comes to mind.

Data Entry tab:  Have the check "Use Default Limits" checked.  This is unless you actually need to limit the range.  Otherwise, make the increment VERY small (as in less than 10^-10).

Display Format:  Change the precision type to Digits of Precision and make the number of digits at least 8.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,154 Views)

Does not work.

It rounds off to 4 digits, Also rounds off the Min and Max to 4 digits 

Want: 0.005993

Get:   0.0060

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,144 Views)

Did you change the significant digits or digits of precision? You will need to change the number of precision.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,138 Views)

Here is a screen shot of the Format

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,134 Views)

The properties display has limited resolution. You can probably set the increment more accurately via a property node.

(This has been discussed before, let me try to find it...)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,129 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

The properties display has limited resolution. You can probably set the increment more accurately via a property node.

(This has been discussed before, let me try to find it...)

There's an idea to fix it. Were you thinking of that?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,124 Views)

I can try it and see if it works. But it would seem to be an issue with NI. And if memory serves me, I was able to do this in the past. However, I do not believe that I went to this small of a resolution.

What is the mechanism for getting NI to look into it?

Thanks for everybodies help.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,118 Views)

@CarmineS wrote:

Here is a screen shot of the Format

Ahhh, I totally misunderstood your problem.  Once again, a picture says 1000 words.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,074 Views)

Now that we are on the same page.

Is there any solution or am I just asking LabView to do something that it can not do?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,053 Views)