LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data acqusition in LabVIEW

Hello all,

I am trying to make a program that acquires data when it is triggered using digital signal shows high and stop acquiring data when digital signal shows low. 

Any guess how to make it.

I programmed the first part but unable to make it for second part.

My program should read data when it triggered using digital high and stop acqusition when it is digital low.

ndLabVIEW_0-1661204580554.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(763 Views)

Gee, I wonder what you put in the "False" case of the Case Statement, which (of course) will be False when the digital signal is False.  And how will that play with the Waveform Chart?

One reason some of us complain about looking at "pictures" instead of LabVIEW Code (which can be found in files with the extension ".vi") is that we only see some of the code, and sometimes, not the "important bits".

You seem to be taking data in 1 second "chunks" of 1000 samples.  You are sending some of the Waveforms you generate (those in the "True" case that we can see) to a Waveform Chart -- what is wired to the Chart in the False case?  Nothing?

[I'll admit, I don't know (but I can devise a test VI to find out!) what happens if you have a Waveform Chart and give it the first one-second Waveform, skip giving it the second, and then give it the third -- I expect it might have a big "hole" in the plot ...].

What have you tried, and what happened?  [We could try, ourselves, but don't yet know what you did because you hid important details from us ...]

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(745 Views)

Hello 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(705 Views)

You need to reconsider your architecture to leverage the hardware triggering capabilities than implementing your trigger handling in the software - the issue is that you could not respond to changes in digital line state as fast as it would at the hardware level.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(702 Views)