cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in Acquiring sine wave

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am new to LabVIEW and I am trying to Generate a sine wave using AO and trying to read it using the analog input. However, when I change the amplitude of the signal while running, the aquired signal does not change (update) immediately with there is a delay of few seconds and I want to avoid it. I am posting my code belowVI_snippet.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(368 Views)

Please upload your code saved in an earlier version of LabVIEW.

The latency is device-dependent. What is your device model used for both AI and AO?

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(339 Views)

Hi ZYOng,

I am using NI PXIe- 6345 I/o module there were no latency for single sample acquisition, which LabVIEW version are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(328 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gok010

There is no latency for a single sample, but if you are trying to read or write multiple samples, DAQmx will wait until all data is ready.

From the snippet, the sample rate is 1000. The default sampling info for the function generator is 1000/1000. It will take 1 second for all data to be sent out. 

If you want a low-latency AI-AO control, you should use NI-DAQmx Hardware-Timed Single Point (See Case 1) along with the combination of point by point VI, AC & DC Estimator PtByPt.vi and Sine Wave PtByPt.vi

-------------------------------------------------------
Control Lead | Intelline Inc
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(320 Views)