LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete subVI and replace it with the exact same one does not work (LabView 2011)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys, I am new to this forum, this is my first post and I haven't been using LabView for a long time, so I apologize in advance for anything that is not precise enough or confusing.

My problem is: I have a LabView program, which was written by someone else. In this program the following happens: When I delete one of the subVIs and replace it by the exact same subVI (exact same path, same wiring), it stops working, i.e. at a point where a window pops up in the working program, it does not in the program which is not working. Can there be anything (like any modifications) saved in this subVI which I do not see or which is not in the .vi-file as such but saved in the main-VI?

Thanks in advance for any help concerning this issue.
Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,556 Views)

Show a snippet or better yet attach the VI!

There are Express VIs which store operational parameters alongside the VI that must be configured by the user first. That could explain that a new instance of the VI doesn't behave in the same way.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,549 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author BaluDerBär

If you right-click the subVI in the calling program, there is an entry for "subVI Node setup..." Go there and you can e.g. set it so the front panel of the VI opens when called and close afterwards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,535 Views)

Thank you so much! That was really easy indeed...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,508 Views)