LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying to Win 7 x64 with internet toolkit

I would like to deploy our application to Win 7 x64. It uses NI-Vision and Internet Toolkit and it is currently built using LV2009 x32. How can I overcome the problem of not having the support of Internet toolkit under x64? Unfortunately, LV2010, does not solve this issue.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,874 Views)
What is the issue of the internet toolkit not being supported for 64Bit? AFAIK the entire internet toolkit is (or at least used to be) LabVIEW VI diagrams only without any external code, so I would be interested to know what are the exact issues with running the internet toolkit under LabVIEW 64 Bit.
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,866 Views)

The Internet toolkit cannot be installed if you have a LV2009 x64 version installed on your machine. If you have both version (x32 and x64), it can then be isntalled into the LV2009 x32.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,848 Views)
Ok thanks. I thought it may have to be an installation issue only. I guess nobody at NI has found the time so far to test the entire Toolkit under LabVIEW 64 Bit (quite an enormous task I would expect) and then adapt the installer to allow installation for 64 Bit.
Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,842 Views)

Hello Dotan,

After reading over this post, it looks like you want to run a 32-bit Application on a 64-bit machine and this is possible. In this KnowledgeBase, it explains the differences between the two systems and what can and can't be done. I hope this information helps you.

Jim St
National Instruments
RF Product Support Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,821 Views)

I think he wants to try to run his application with LabVIEw 64 Bit. And the Internet Toolkit installer doesn't support that. However it is quite likely not a real problem to copy the Internet Toolkit from a 32 Bit installation into a 64 Bit installation and use it there.

I understand that an application using the internet toolkit does not likely require 64 Bit but his application also uses the NI Vision Toolkit and here 64 Bit can indeed be a welcome extension when working with large image data.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,816 Views)

Hi All,

I think all the 64-Bit compatibility questions can be answered on this page: National Instruments Product Compatibility for Microsoft Windows 7. The Vision Development Module is supported by 64-Bit. 

Thanks and have a great day. 

Esmail Hamdan | Applications Engineering | National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,796 Views)