LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detect Slope change from noisy data

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Guys I have data, which is noisy but linear( you can find the data in the VI attached), is it possible to find the location where the slope is changed or any other ideas are welcome?

P.S My data can be negative or positive under different conditions, so I couldn't use comparison tools here.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(1,290 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tars364

Hi tars,

see this:

You can detect that outlier quite easily I guess!?

Btw. never compare floats for (in)equality! Most often the result might be wrong…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(1,255 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tars364

Hi Gred, 

Thanks for the reply. NIce idea

Best Regards,

Tarun

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(1,238 Views)

Hello,

I am also looking to detect the slope change with data from a "noise" source, pressure sensor. The signal is not as clean as the demo signal for detecting a change in slope, so when I saw this it interested me to see if I could apply it to my applications. This seems to detect the change in slope at the time axis, correct?

I would like to detect the change in slope and have the amplitude reported (y-axis value). Any thoughts on this? 

I attached the sample vi with my sample data file. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(957 Views)

Hi Hydac,

even with noise there is a clear peak in the slope of your signal:

Unfortunately I cannot open your VI (it would help to downconvert to LV2021 or LV2019), so I cannot comment on your code…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(951 Views)

Try this version. I think I saved it correctly to a past version of LabView.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(941 Views)

That "knee" in the curve is what I am after. Of course I can measure this after the data is saved in Excel for example. However I am developing a process where I can detect this as we run the test, or at lease write the data, then run the analysis in LabView on the spot.

Thanks for looking!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(940 Views)